Thursday, March 13, 2014

In Which I Make a Huge Blunder

Have you guys seen this?

 
 
It cracks me up, for real. Probably because I can identify so well with it. Seriously, there are things I did/said years ago that still embarrass the heck out of me. Even though it's been years, and I know that person likely does not remember it and would think I was the biggest weirdo if I brought it up again and said sorry like I want to.
 
"Hi, Sally. Remember that time I did that one thing that was inconsequential to you a couple years ago but I felt like the biggest idiot so it has stayed with me for two years of my adult life? Um, yeah, just wanted to say sorry. Again. Over something you don't care about. K bye." UGH, let it go, girl.
 
Anyway, I had one of those experiences last night, one that I will regret for a long time. I made some poor judgment calls and really hurt someone's feelings during an argument. It was one of those times when you are arguing over something ridiculous but it turns into so much more because you've been bottling things up to be polite. Yeah, not good. Like want to slap yourself why-did-you-even-bring-that-up not good.
 
Naturally, I cried to Kerri. Being the awesome woman she is, and knowing how I beat myself up over things, I found this in my inbox this morning:
 

 
I mean, really, can we all take a moment and appreciate what a sweet pea she is? This didn't fix it, but it let my little heart breathe a little easier. And shortly thereafter, I listened to this  devotional by Sister Linda Burton for young single adults a few weeks ago (for those of you not familiar, young single adults are classified as single adults ranging in age from 18 to 31). Sister Burton is such a beauty. I love her so much. She always has such great insight and lovely ways of making a girl feel better.
 
Sister Burton discussed ways of tuning our hearts to the voice of the Spirit, something I sorely needed in my life at this time. As Latter Day Saints, we believe in the Holy Ghost ,  the third member of the godhead and a personage of Spirit who comforts us, warns us, guides us, and sanctifies us. I was definitely not tuned into the Spirit when I made my poor decisions last night, and hearing Sister Burton's words reminded me that, although I made some not so great choices, I can always turn my heart to the Spirit, to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and try again.
 
It's never too late to try again, even if you've made some mistakes. I have a temper and I'm learning to work through that, even when I wake up with my sassy pants on. Turn your heart to Jesus Christ and let go of the not so great things, let Him work in you.
 
-Christi 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment